Ok, in this post, I will tell you about the different between these two types of subtitle and how to use them in your video player.
Before that, let’s see these previews:
- It’s just a “clean-text” without any style (Just white text, placed at the bottom of video)
- Visible to any video resolutions (font size will perfectly match even with the lowest video resolution)
- Can be played by most of video players, it can be played at “TV” too
- Has so many fancy styles (like karaoke, font color, font size, font type, can put the text everywhere at the video, no limitation for “one line” max characters, can use Kanji font)
- Depend on video resolution (u can choose your own font size, so if the video resolution is lower than script resolution, it would be bigger and annoying)
- Video players that can play ASS/SSA file are limited.
Ok, now for the video player, here are the lists that can play ASS/SSA file.
1. VLC Player
2. MPC (Can’t play? Please upgrade your version of MPC 🙂 )
HOW TO USE SUBTITLE (SRT and ASS/SSA Files)
1. Rename your subtitle exactly the same with your video’s name
2. If you have more than 1 version of subtitle, just drag and drop your subtitle to your video player while playing.